WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR FIRST VISIT
We look forward to seeing you soon. To help acquaint you with our office and what to expect at your first visit, we’ve outlined three types of appointments.
A healthy mouth is important for your overall health and a confident smile is key to your sense of well-being. A comprehensive exam is the starting point if you have no emergency issues and would like to get a proper start to maintaining your oral health. Most patients like to schedule their hygiene exam in conjunction with their comp exam. If you think you may have extensive dental issues, we recommend scheduling just the comp exam. We will help you determine this when you schedule.
If you have a dental emergency or a specific problem that cannot wait, you may prefer to schedule a limited exam so we can address your problem at the same visit.
If you’re not sure what type of visit fits your needs or you’d just like to meet us, call to schedule a free 20-minute consultation with Dr. Mohr. We’d love to meet you.
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to fill out registration forms if you haven’t already downloaded and filled them out at home.
- A dental assistant will take X rays, intraoral photographs to get started.
- You will then meet with Dr. Mohr to discuss your concerns. Your comprehensive exam will include an oral cancer screening, TMJ evaluation, orthodontic evaluation and a thorough examination of your teeth and gums. At this time, if you would like, Dr. Mohr will discuss cosmetic options to improve the look of your smile.
- If you have requested a hygiene appointment for the same day, your hygienist will work closely with Dr. Mohr to deliver the appropriate oral hygiene plan suited to your individual needs. She will make recommendations to individualize your home care regimen and work with you to maintain a healthy mouth. For people with well-maintained teeth and no periodontal disease, the hygiene visit can be completed the same day. For some patients further treatment is recommended which may require additional visits.
- Before you leave, our insurance coordinator will be happy to walk you through any insurance and financial matters that you may have. Our front office team is your advocate. Whether your treatment needs are big or small, Dr. Mohr and her team will work with you to develop a treatment approach that works for you and a plan of action for achieving and maintaining optimal oral health.
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to fill out registration forms if you haven’t already download and filled them out at home.
- You will then meet with Dr. Mohr to discuss your concerns. Your exam will focus on your issue of concern. If needed, we will take one or two x-rays.
- Once the problem has been diagnosed and treatment options have been discussed, we will always provide treatment immediately when possible. If your problem is more extensive and requires more time or preparation, Dr. Mohr will make sure your pain is managed and the problem stabilized. We will offer you a convenient appointment before you leave for any follow up treatment and our insurance coordinator will walk you through any insurance and financial matters that need clarification.
- You are not required to fill out new patient forms for a consultation but we will ask you some basic contact information.
- Mohr will spend up to 20 minutes with you to meet and talk about your issues. Consultations are generally for the purpose of understanding general options and types of dental treatments available to you, as well as get you acquainted with the office.
- It is important to understand that a consultation is not an exam. Although Dr. Mohr may look at your teeth to facilitate discussion, she cannot diagnose or make treatment recommendations without an exam. If you prefer to receive a diagnosis and recommendation, a limited or comprehensive exam will better fit your needs.